As one of the world’s largest fully integrated energy enterprises, we not only look for individuals who can meet our expectations but for those individuals who can exceed them. Our intent is to become the world’s leading integrated energy company by 2020, and in order to accomplish our goals, we want, and encourage you, to dream big.
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Compliance Coordinator to join the Power Systems Department in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or in a related field.
You will have nine years of related safety/operational experience and/or training, preferably in the oil/gas or petrochemical industry, or in power distribution.
You must have knowledge or training in occupational health, safety and environmental compliance within power systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide advice and consultation to department staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with environmental/safety regulations, standards and practices.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Undertake surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulation and procedures.
- Perform construction site and/or area safety inspections of department facilities and operations.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections, including hazard analyses and safe work procedures, and prepare written reports and recommendations.
- Develop controls for identified hazards.
- Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries.
- Prepare safety orientations, safety training and job site inspection procedures. Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information.
- Assist local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Participate in Safe Operations Committee meetings.
- Review and analyze injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and work with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Incorporate essential safety requirements in all purchasing and contracting actions.
- Recommend the purchase of safety equipment, related supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with established company requirements.
- Maintain awareness of corporate safety and environmental requirements and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Assist management with monitoring adherence to department safety and environmental programs by employees and contractors.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact: email@example.com