We are currently seeking an experienced Integrated Resource Planner to join the Power Systems Department in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
As the successful candidate, you will be an expert in the area of power system planning and development with knowledge of conventional and renewable generation.
As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance other related field. A Master’s degree or Ph.D. is preferred. You will have at least 5 years of experience working with a utility or as a consultant providing services to utilities.
You will have a thorough understanding and expertise of electric utility planning systems, processes, models and other requirements. Also, you will have experience in load forecasting, planning new generation, efficiency improvements, plant retrofits and repowering.
You will possess an understanding of ALL the conventional, renewable and emerging power generation technologies, and an understanding of cogeneration principles and practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, develop and critique load forecast models using regression techniques.
- Forecast and plan new generation, efficiency improvements, plant retrofits and repowering.
- Review, develop and critique power plant data used in planning, including but not limited to (1) gross and net power outputs, (2) efficiency, (3) availability, (4) maintenance cycles, (5) technology types, and (6) intermittent operating profile for renewable generation.
- Run generation planning models, such as PROMOD, Strategist, Arora, etc.
- Analyze model outputs, make presentations and recommendations.
- Set up processes and tools for automatic data updates and routine models.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org