We are seeking a Thermal Power Plant Engineer to join our Power Systems Organization.
This position is primarily responsible for the development, assessment and construction of solar thermal power plants.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BSME or BSChE) from a recognized and approved program.
You will have eight years’ experience with power equipment thermal design.
You will be able to demonstrate plant design software experience (e.g. GateCycle, IPSEpro, Ebsilon).
Previous modeling of systems with pumps, turbines, valves, steam generators, condensers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, and controllers is required.
A comprehensive understanding of the principles of thermodynamics, heat transfer theory, fluid mechanics is also a requirement.
You will be proficient in, steam and cooling flowsheets design of the sun tracking system, salts storage system and auxiliary boiler.
You will be able to demonstrate understanding of two-phase flow and have experience in optimizing Rankine cycles for feedwater heating and reheat are desirable.
Knowledge of several of the technologies such as parabolic trough, solar power tower, Fresnel power plants and Integrated Solar Combined Cycles System is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct power block equipment pricing, power quality performance assessment and energy calculations.
- Run different heat balance modeling software.
- Work with plant modeling software to optimize plant performance.
- Participate in international research collaboration.
- Act as lead power plant thermodynamics technical expert in our Research and Development group.
- Interface with our solar engineering team to ensure compatibility with solar steam generators.
- Participate in the integration of thermal storage and multiple solar steam generators into stand-alone power plants or existing plant enhancements (boosters).
- Participate in solar thermal power plants installation.
- Review and direct the engineering design of piping systems and define specifications for plant mechanical equipment.
- Conduct modeling to optimize solar thermal power plants with storage.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact: email@example.com